1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Giving Players control in game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SlimDandy, Jul 15, 2013.

1. SlimDandy

SlimDandy New Member

I'm just testing the software right now with a trial. It looks viable, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to give the players control of the characters I made for them. I've got a couple PC's created, had a player connect to my IP address successfully, everything seems to be working except I don't know how to give the player control of the character for him to move or attack or anything else. Any answers?

2. jmckid

jmckid New Member

Select the character and hit 'o'

Alternatively click or right click the character - then go to the 'Alter' menu and select 'Owner' from there :)

I should have mentioned the player has to be on a map as far as I can tell - you cant give them control from the Creature Library

3. SlimDandy

SlimDandy New Member

Thank you so much! I knew it would be something simple. I just couldn't find it (obviously) in any of the online manuals. It just kind of glosses over that step. Thanks again for the speed. I can't wait to get the game up and running. Half of my old party moved across the state and we haven't been able to play together in years. It looks like d20Pro is going to fix that. :D

4. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

You can also click on the token and hit O 'oh' on the keyboard as a shortcut key... and it will pull up the Owner menu..