1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

GM Fog of War - Black?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Coopernicus, Apr 3, 2011.

1. Coopernicus

Coopernicus Member

I'm running d20pro as a virtual game table for most of my players and want to make the fog of war black for the GM's screen as that's what we're all looking at.

Is this possible?

Thanks

2. Daeruin

Daeruin New Member

I'd love this as well. My computer has a large 27" monitor, and it would be nice to display to all the players. But fog of war doesn't really work for the players when I'm logged in as a judge.

3. Dragonmaster13

You could just run a Player version at the same time as a Judge version and only show them the Player version. It would be even better if you have a second moniter that you could put the Player version on and have it facing them. Myself I put a second moniter at the other end of the table facing everyone (myself included) and run the Judge version on my laptop facing me only.

4. Daeruin

Daeruin New Member

That would work perfectly! If only I had a laptop . . . alms for the poor? :D

5. Coopernicus

Coopernicus Member

Hmmm... I just bought a 42" LED TV that definitely has a USB 2.0 socket on it and now I'm wondering...

Is it possible to run both the GM and player versions on the same computer, log the player into the Gm game, then plug the computer and TV together via USB and only have the player version display on the TV?

6. ogexam

ogexam Member

Yes.

You can have one Judge and as many player clients as your machine can handle at the same time.

The only limitation is you can only have one judge going at a time. Though you can multiple clients and one judge at the same time.

7. Dragonmaster13

Yes, just set the TV up as a second moniter and have the desktop extended to it. Then slide the Player Version over to it and bingo-bango-bongo you've got it.

8. Coopernicus

Coopernicus Member

Schweeet. Thanks, will try that this week.