1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

GM is Remote, Players are all together at the same locale

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by B0sh1, Aug 23, 2011.

1. B0sh1

B0sh1 New Member

So, our Pathfinder GM is moving away, but we'd like to try to take our game virtual. All the players can gather at the same place for the monthly games. Can a single guest license be used to assign control of all characters to the single license then we just take turn at a laptop taking our actions? Is a better implementation to all login separately and just use skype or a ventrilo server?

2. neofax

neofax New Member

Re: GM is Remote, Players are all together at the same local

Yes, because you are all sharing one PC(although, this doesn't keep MindGene in business making the product better :twisted: )
    Depends. If you have a large enough screen and can pass the keyboard or someone is designated to make moves for everyone then use 1 PC. If not, then I would say have multiple laptops. Too bad there is no table on the market that JAVA can be installed on(Android uses a bastard pseudo JAVA).

3. B0sh1

B0sh1 New Member

Thanks for the answers. Not everyone has a personal laptop to bring to the game. I am sure if we could use a tablet, people would get those instead.

4. Lord Elderon

Lord Elderon New Member

Hail Bosh1,

You will only need one computer for those members of your party that will all be at the same house. I would suggest you try and acquire a projector and screen or a larger monitor / tv in your gaming area. It will make things much easier to see.

You would be able to add one more player license to your GM, if your GM purchased the standard GM Client (2 guest licenses). You can add guest licenses to your GMs d20Pro for $10 or you can purchase individual Player Licenses for the same amount.

Ideal set up is GM on one machine, Players all controlled though one machine using a larger screen to project what is going on, keyboard, and 3 mice. I would suggest to anyone who has their own laptop to bring it. You can either connect to the GM or have it running a GM client so you can review your character and be ready to act when it is your turn.

Best regards and good gaming,

Nick