1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Group skill checks

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Ken L, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Ken L

Ken L Member

Is there a way to do group skill checks? I can do group saves but not checks it appears as they're single token actions apparently.

I do perception rolls in secret or perhaps I'll perform a passive knowledge check. Group selecting my players and rolling it in secret would help in this matter.

Also if I roll their perceptions in secret by selecting each token, It still shows up in the chat that I'm rolling for them even if obscuring the number, which will let them know something is up.

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Note: Moved to Feature Requests.

Definitely don't want to alert our players... who like to metagame.

3. Ken L

Ken L Member

I generally trust my players. It's more geared for passive checks that my players would not think to take.

"You notice something peculiar about X"

Where rather than expecting my players to actively inspect everything (which they still can), I may roll secretly to see if their particular background knowledge may come into play.

Mostly though, I use it for perception checks for secret doors they pass by. When they request perception checks, I roll in secret and both of us know this is occurring so there's no meta from showing the roll obscured. Now if I'm doing a passive perception check for passing by a secret door in a corridor, it's more important that they don't know a check is even taking place.