1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Group skill checks

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Nighteagle, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Nighteagle

Nighteagle New Member

Hi,
    I would like to request that you include a feature that allows GMs to select multiple NPCs and then have them all roll the same skill. This seems to be available in the right click menu for the skills "Move silently" and "Hide", but not for any other skills. I am using the Pathfinder rules, so I would specifically like an ability to have an entire group roll Perception checks to determine if the hear the characters approaching.
    Nighteagle

2. KainPen

KainPen Member

you can already do mass group checks for hide and move slightly. just highlight everyone and press hot keys. and it will roll for each creature that his highlighted. I can't get this to work with other skill thou. only the ones under the action section. maybe they can had spot, search , listen to the action section. or maybe give us a box to make custom actions

3. Nighteagle

Nighteagle New Member

I noticed the move silently and hide, but in Pathfinder, these skills are replaced by Stealth, and I would really like the option of Perception too.
    Nighteagle

4. KainPen

KainPen Member

did you edit skills.txt in the MindGene\d20pro\dm\res\ManuallySpecified

and change Lets say Hide name to Stealth
    and change Move Slightly to Perception and change what ability score it uses.

I am going to give it a test and see how if it works. and get back to you.

it rolls but a flat number and say skill is missing. so that kind of sucks.

yeah update to this would be nice =) map custom skills to custom hot keys =)

in the mean time i would roll 1d20 to as the group and add mod individual on paper or a note pad. I set my d20pro up for 1st and 2nd ed. D&D so skill don't work the same fore me. i never use that feature. just have my guys roll the D20 each and I adjust it my self to determine success. when we get dice fudger or a confirm all rolls feature it will make this easier.

5. Nighteagle

Nighteagle New Member

Any chance of group skill checks coming with the next release? Any chance of this improvement coming in a future release?

6. ogexam

ogexam Member

In a future release yes, but I do not recall if this issue was added to this release. It is on our list of things to improve!

7. Dan

Dan Member

I just created a user story for this. I'm suggesting we allow multiple creatures so be selected for all skill checks and grapple checks. So you should be able to select the party, right-click one of the group, and all make a Perception or Knowledge check. Also, select the group of goblins and make a stealth check for each at once.