1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Guest/Player Connections to host

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WorldofMyrnai, May 12, 2010.

1. WorldofMyrnai

WorldofMyrnai New Member

Our DM and I have been tossing around the idea of using this program for our Monday night online gaming group. We currently have 7 players. He is going to buy a Full +6 guest license while I am going to buy a Full +4 license (so I can run at some point). Is there a limit to how many player licenses can be connected to the host if the guest slots are full. So the 6 guest slots would be used by the other players, while I would login through my full license.

Is that possible, or are we limited to 6 connections to the host?

Thanks
    Jason P.

2. Daggeth

Daggeth New Member

I'm sorry we missed answering this post Jason. No, there is no limit to the number of players connected as far as the software is concerned. The only limits you'd run into would be caused by bandwidth, but I'd say this limit would be much higher than a normal party would entail so it should only be a problem on slower wireless connections.

3. WorldofMyrnai

WorldofMyrnai New Member

Thanks for the response. I bought a license and the DM has a license + 6 guests in order to accommodate the 7 players, however, one of the players decided to not play any more, so its a non issue for now.

But much appreciated nontheless.

Jason