1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Guidance cantrip for Cleric

Discussion in 'D&D 5th Edition' started by Gregg Devanna, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Gregg Devanna

Gregg Devanna New Member

How can you create the Guidance cantrip for a Cleric? I cannot figure out how to apply the +1d4 to an ability check of the player's choice within the next minute. This is what I tried.
    upload_2017-10-2_12-33-19.png

Attached Files:

2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

What version are you using? ...

That looks like it should fire alright.

3. Gregg Devanna

Gregg Devanna New Member

The screenshot above was using 3.7.1 (64). I haven't tried this in 3.7.1.15 yet. The issue I have is that it is increasing the STR ability score up by the 1d4 value. It doesn't seem to apply it to an ability check of the player's choice. I noticed that the 3.7.1.15 has a delay feature, which I think should make this work better. Also, I am thinking that I should probably not be using On Caster. I'll have to play with it in the newer version. I will post another screenshot if I can get it working. Thanks!

4. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

On caster will fire 'On the initiators' position in the initiative. if I recall correctly.

if I cast a spell that give me 4hp on my turn, use On caster
    if I cast something that deal 4hp of damage to Bob at the start of his turn, use On target.

not in front of D20PRO atm, but that's the general idea of it.