1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Handouts do not load to users

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by mercury00, Jan 28, 2012.

1. mercury00

mercury00 New Member

My users get " Failed to load handout. Timed-out waiting on response for request: Request (27): Statement zipped." For a number of the pdf handouts I have (their character sheets).

I can't seem to find any useful information about this error. The pdfs load just fine for me (judge server), and reloading them or recreating them doesn't seem to have any effect. Note that most other handouts show up ok (I do have some handouts that don't load anything at all, which looks like a different problem entirely).

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

It could be an issue with RAM allocation to Javaw/d20Pro on each Player's computer.
    It could be an issue with the version of Java installed on each Player's computer (it is recommended that each Player have the same version as the Judge).

Please install v3.1 then increase the RAM allocation for d20Pro and check you have the most up-to-date Java version is installed for yourself and your players. After, if you are still having issues, please take a screen shot of the error, and upload the file which seems to be having the issue and we will try to duplicate the issue and see if there is a solution.

3. mercury00

mercury00 New Member

Ok, I'll do that. Yeah version 3.1!

Must be somehow related to memory, as it's the very large files that spit out the error. Timeout sounds like maybe allocating and estimating transport of the file takes too long or something, but I'll see what I can find out.