1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Handshaking fail..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by patzerwv, May 23, 2011.

1. patzerwv

patzerwv New Member

Unable to connect.
    Caused by: Error decrypting handshake response.
    Caused by: Handshake Request msg has expired. Handshake created at May 23, 2011 9:10:11 AM client time. The server's current time is: May 23, 2011 10:13:02 AM. Too much time has elapsed since the request was created. Please make sure your clock is set to the proper time.

I have since tried to reinstall version 2.4.0.
    I then reinstalled Java version 6

My system clock also seems to be working. I am running Vista.

2. patzerwv

patzerwv New Member

I have tried to adjust my time zone to reset my registry but it seems to not be helping any.
    Lil help plz.

3. Daggeth

Daggeth New Member

Patzerwv, if the time zone and time are set correctly on your computer I unfortunately have no idea why this error would be popping up. I've forwarded this on to the people who can get us some more info on the matter and I figure they'll shoot you an email or post in here with more instructions or requests for info.

4. patzerwv

patzerwv New Member

Will be watching. Might be out of town for a few so could reply slowly over the holiday.

5. patzerwv

patzerwv New Member

LOL set my clock back an hour (even though it is incorrect for where I live) and it seemed to work fine. Will start the trial soon I hope!
    Funny.

6. Slagmoth

Slagmoth New Member

This still seems to be an issue, trying to log in after a bit of a break and the authentication seems to think I am 3 hours off.

Unable to connect.
    Caused by: Failed to decode ClientIdentification
    Caused by: Handshake Request msg has expired. Handshake created at Nov 7, 2017 2:22:45 PM client time. The server's current time is: Nov 7, 2017 3:20:07 PM. Too much time has elapsed since the request was created. Please make sure your clock is set to the proper time.

It is currently 17:25 CT

7. Slagmoth

Slagmoth New Member

Actually, I figured out my issue anyway. Sometimes Windows 10 decides that it isn't the correct timezone so I had set my clock manually as currently Windows 10 did not recognize Daylight Time. Setting it back to setting the time automatically seems to have done the trick.

Hope this helps anyone else, Win10 does have a known issue with timezone management so something of which to be aware.

8. Mickey

Mickey Member

That's exactly what it is. The recent Windows update reset the timezone and, if you're in a different one - like me - you get that error when starting D20PRO. It happened to me a few weeks ago.