1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Having trouble adding a class.

Discussion in 'User Created Content' started by Truwen, Jul 24, 2011.

1. Truwen

Truwen Member

I am editing Beguiler and adding it to the classes.txt file. Here is what I have.

Code:
    ## CLASS: BEGUILER

CreatureClass=Beguiler
    AttackRate=.5
    GoodSaves=Will
    SpellCaster=com.mindgene.d20.plugin.dnd.creature.SpellCasterTemplate_Sorceror|INT

#SPELLS AVAILABLE

Spells0=Dancing Lights|Daze|Detect Magic|Ghost Sound|Message|Open/Close|Read Magic

Spells1=Charm Person|Color Spray|Comprehend Languages|Detect Secret Doors|Disguise Self|Expeditious Retreat|Hypnotism|Mage Armor|Obscuring Mist|Rouse|Silent Image|Sleep|Undetectable Alignment|Whelm

Spells2=Blinding Color Surge|Blur|Daze Monster|Detect Thoughts|Fog Cloud|Glitterdust|Hypnotic Pattern|Invisibility|Knock|Minor Image|Mirror Image|Misdirection|See Invisibility|Silence|Spider Climb|Stay the Hand|Touch of Idiocy|Vertigo|Whelming Burst

Spells3=Arcane Sight|Clairaudience/Clairvoyance|Crown of Veils|Deep Slumber|Dispel Magic|Displacement|Glibness|Halt|Haste|Hesitate|Hold Person|Inevitable Defeat|Invisibility Sphere|Legion of Sentinels|Major Image|Nondetection|Slow|Suggestion|Vertigo Field|Zone of Silence

Spells4=Charm Monster|Confusion|Crushing Despair|Freedom of Movement|Greater Invisibility|Greater Mirror Image|Locate Creature|Mass Whelm|Phantom Battle|Rainbow Pattern|Solid Fog

Spells5=Break Enchantment|Dominate Person|Feeblemind|Friend to Foe|Hold Monster|Incite Riot|Mind Fog|Ravy's Telepathic Bond|Seeming|Sending|Swift Etherealness

Spells6=Greater Dispel Magic|Mass Suggestion|Mislead|Overwhelm|Repulsion|Shadow Walk|True Seeing|Veil

Spells7=Ethereal Jaunt|Greater Arcane Sight|Mass Hold Person|Mass Invisibility|Phase Door|Power Word Blind|Project Image|Spell Turning

Spells8=Demand|Discern Location|Mind Blank|Moment of Prescience|Power Word Stun|Scintillating Pattern|Screen

Spells9=Dominate Monster|Etherealness|Foresight|Mass Hold Monster|Power Word Kill|Time Stop

#SPELLS PER DAY

PerDay1=5|3

PerDay2=6|4

PerDay3=6|5

PerDay4=6|6|3

PerDay5=6|6|4

PerDay6=6|6|5|3

PerDay7=6|6|6|4

PerDay8=6|6|6|5|3

PerDay9=6|6|6|6|4

PerDay10=6|6|6|6|5|3

PerDay11=6|6|6|6|6|4

PerDay12=6|6|6|6|6|5|3
    The problem I have is that on the spells list I get a message saying "The Creature Class Beguiler is not installed." The window is also freakishly wide, as you can see in this screenshot.
    [​IMG]

2. Truwen

Truwen Member

Weird, I just went and on a hunch created a new character. Since I followed the stickied guide to make this class. And lo and behold everything is there for the beguiler including the spell progression. So I will just remake the character, as this old one was an export from a friend who edited the file on his system.

Still though, if someone notices any errors feel free to point them out to me.

3. Tharck

Tharck New Member

Only error I noticed was the 15 CHA. Consider making it a higher stat, perhaps exchanging it with the DEX score.

4. Truwen

Truwen Member

This is one of my players, so I won't be adjusting his stats. However, I did figure out why it was so freakishly wide. He put a huge long description for his feats, instead of just the book and page number.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

5. vanith

vanith Member

Were you editing the class.txt file while D20pro was active? I usually quit the entire thing until I am finished editing the file, once that is completed, I start it up again. Programs will not accept new data until it is restarted.