1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Hero Lab import error

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by huntercc, Aug 4, 2012.

1. huntercc

huntercc New Member

I'm getting an import error when I try getting this guy into D20Pro. I can't find any unusual feat or ability descriptions, hoping a dev can point me in the right direction here!

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

It has to do with the special ability tags. Haven't isolated which particular special ability line is creating the error, but that is what is causing the error. You could open it up and remove everything between:
    <specialabilities> and </specialabilities>
    and it will work just fine.

(open the .hld20pro file in a text editor - it is a XML file)

3. huntercc

huntercc New Member

I guess now is a good time to request a more detailed error message :)

If it could indicate which string it doesn't like, it would be mush easier to find what the problem is in these cases

4. huntercc

huntercc New Member

FYI... I have narrowed this down to the "Increase Damage Reduction" ability. If I replace the ability's name with "Increase DR" instead, it loads just fine. I'm guessing it somehow conflicts with another ability named "Damage Reduction (2/-)". Does that make any sense??