1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Hero Lab [pathfinder] import error

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by huntercc, Oct 29, 2010.

1. huntercc

huntercc New Member

I get the following error message when trying to import one of my custom creatures into d20pro. So far all other creatures are importing with no issues, but this one errors out. Any ideas how to fix it?

Code:
    This plugin is invalid.  Please recompile it using the latest API and try again.
       Caused by: Unexpected exception
       Caused by: String index out of range: -1.

2. ogexam

ogexam Member

please attach your .hl20pro and the .por file to this message so I can find out where the error is coming from please

3. BarbJebez

BarbJebez New Member

I am getting the exact same error trying to import a 4e "monster". Not sure if this will help the OP out but figured I'd jump in with the requested info.

Note: these boards apparently don't allow .pro or .hl20pro as valid extensions so I've changed them to .zip. These are the original files just with renamed extensions.

4. huntercc

huntercc New Member

Sorry about the delay, just now saw your reply. Here is the file.

Attached Files:

5. huntercc

huntercc New Member

Oh and here is my portfolio file from Hero Lab

Attached Files:

6. ogexam

ogexam Member

I am looking into to it... please stand by

7. ogexam

ogexam Member

I found the issue... the line
    <special name='Fast Healing (if in boiling water or steam) 2 (Ex)'><![CDATA[You heal damage every round if you have > 1 HP.]]></special>
    Due to the special clause (if in boiling water or steam) is causing the error. Delete that line and it will import.

I will work on putting in a catch for if there are conditions to NOT put in the fast healing.

8. huntercc

huntercc New Member

9. ogexam

ogexam Member

You are welcome.

Sorry it took so long