1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

High Res World Maps.

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by cyderak, Dec 7, 2010.

1. cyderak

cyderak Member

Can you guys get ahold of the guys at Pathfinder and ask them if you could release a High Resolution Map of Golarion for use with D20Pro..............

And I guess you could do the same for the 4th ed. D&D world..........although 4th edition, in my group, is a swear word............Hehehehe.

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Paizo already has a community use map.

http://paizo.com/paizo/about/communityu ... 48btpy87fp

Available sizes:
    Golarion Map 2400.jpg
    Golarion Map 1600.jpg
    Golarion Map 1200.jpg
    Golarion Map 800.jpg

Just login, and add it to your downloads. It's free.

I created a map file using the Community Use Golarion Map 2400 JPG, which I included as an attachment if you want.

And to comply with Paizo's Community Use Policy:

"This downloadable map uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC, which are used under Paizo's Community Use Policy. We are expressly prohibited from charging you to use or access this content. This downloadable map is not published, endorsed, or specifically approved by Paizo Publishing. For more information about Paizo's Community Use Policy, please visit http://www.paizo.com/communityuse. For more information about Paizo Publishing and Paizo products, please visit paizo.com."

Attached Files:

kimco likes this.
  3. cyderak

cyderak Member

thanks edwardcd

my players are very thankful..........

4. hnoor0066

hnoor0066 New Member

thanks for everything

5. Bloodwolf

Bloodwolf Member

Hate to say this because you guys have added some nice amounts of room for maps but we are eventually going to need more for larger maps.

Games like Shadowrun and Battletech can have huge maps because ofthe range of some of their weapons and the current map size limitations will hinder that. I realize it is probably a stability issue at the moment.

As an example, and funny enough this is for a 3.5 D&D game, I had to go down to 25 pixels per square for a map. It is roughly 200 x 200 squares. I tried 50 for better resolution but it crashed. By the way my screen shots in the other the ad are from that map. And I'm figuring the larger mechs in Battletech and snipers in Shadowrun would need even farther distances is some cases.

Just a thought and an idea. Plus I may be over looking a way to get around this.