1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

How about alpha numeric labels for grids.

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Dick G, Oct 20, 2019.

1. Dick G

Dick G New Member

I currently use d20pro for a Pathfinder 1e / Greyhawk PBP on FB. I use the player view and screenshot it in a post. It's effective but a few players use phones only and the map is daunting to them. We all agree labeling rows and columns on the grid helps a lot. I use map markers but it's tedious. If this is not a realistic expectation, are there any workarounds or suggestions?

Sometimes I miss the obvious solutions. Thanks in advance.

2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

I'd suggest using a semi-transparent image as a Tile to do this, then you could toggle the tile visibility on or off as needed. The downside here is that all maps would need to be a standard X/Y size for which you have premade semi-transparent grids created.

Layer 1 - generic semi-transparent grid image with R&C numbering and lettering.
    Layer 0 - original map layer