1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

How best to use Resist Damage powers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheRogueTB, Nov 18, 2011.

1. TheRogueTB

TheRogueTB New Member

I've been having trouble finding a good way to utilize my players Resist damage powers. I like to have large battles and have not found an efficient way to put a resist power on a player's character, for example resist 10 damage for 1 round, or resist 5 encounter. I've only been able to create effects that I then have to apply to all of the monsters that are attacking the creature (not efficient). Also, if those creatures change targets they are still under the resist effect and thus apply that effect to their new target. I'd prefer not to have to modify the attack screen for every creature. If anybody has a better fix, please advise. And spell it out to me like a third grader how to utilize within d20pro. Thanks!

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Damage Resistance that has an upward limit (one imposed by level of caster for a spell) must be done manually. This would be a great follow-up Feature Request to go along with enhanced spell and ability effects upgrade in a future version update.

What I do is setup an ability as a counter on the creature.
    Enemy attacks, I note the amount and update the ability counter. If the damage is below the DR I simply click the mouse button over to deselect the damage for the attack and click Hit/Approve. If the damage is above the DR, I simply double click the mouse button over the damage number, and change it manually to what the person should take, then update the ability counter.