1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

How do you put difficult terrain markers on maps in d20pro?

Discussion in 'D&D 4th Edition' started by Crzydrew, Mar 18, 2010.

1. Crzydrew

Crzydrew New Member

Is this possible with the current tools?

I found map markers, but it didnt really produce the little triangles in each square that is difficult terrain. Perhaps I have to make my maps have the triangles marked before importing into d20pro?

Also while on the subject, my maps made with Fractal mapper look terrible compared to the sample maps on the software. Which maps did you guys use? And how were they made?

While on this subject another question: How come my scanned images of artwork, look terrible when i import the image into d20pro?

And how do i make an image to not have a background like some of your monster images?

Alot of questions I know; but maybe others have wondered this and needed the info as well, and haven't asked yet.

I know that's the scanned graphics questions depend on a lot of things, but maybe there is something I haven't tried yet.

2. JMeitzen01

JMeitzen01 New Member

To use your difficult terrain tiles, you will need to use the tile painter Tool to make them a permanent fixture on your map.
    I personally use Dunjinni, and alot of the maps that I see appear to also be created with Dundjinni.
    Are you making your maps too large, as this will distort your graphics. Maybe your images are too small.
    Not sure about the background as my maps do not have a bacground.

3. Dan

Dan Member

CHeck out this post for terrain markers. Use the Tile painter to pain them on top of the map. Follow directions on the post.
    viewtopic.php?f=18&t=143

Dundjinni + Photoshop touchups. Check out this post for more maps.
    viewtopic.php?f=18&t=20

Perhaps the resolution is too low? Chances are, you are scanning them too small and when you zoom in things get pixelated. Maps need to be as high resolution as possible. 100 pixels per 5 ft is ideal.

I create some of the monster images in Photoshop and give them a transparent background. PNG files are recommended though you can create simple transparent images with GIFs. If you don't have photoshop, try the GIMP or Paint.net (Google for them).