1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

How do you start a campaign other than D&D 3.5 OGL?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AkosPrime, Jun 8, 2012.

1. AkosPrime

AkosPrime Member

So I purchased my Judge license. I went to the Marketplace and downloaded the Pathfinder rule set under 'Rules'. I started my Judge license and it's asking for 'alias' and 'campaign', but in the drop down box under campaign the only selection is 'D&D 3.5 OGL'. Do I have to do something so that it will see/be able to use the Pathfinder rules?

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

http://www.d20pro.com/help/UGCPCampaign.php - to create new Campaign directories

Since 3.5 and Pathfinder are similar, you can still use the maps and creatures pre-installed with d20Pro's 3.5OGL ruleset. However, to better display what system you are actually running you may change the 3.5 OGL label to Pathfinder by going into d20Pro's directory on your computer.

If you installed it in Program Files (windows):
    Program Files/MindGene/d20Pro/judge/campaigns/

Then rename the directory from "D&D 3.5 OGL" to "Pathfinder"

If you installed it on a Mac:
    option-click the d20Pro application and choose Show Package Contents
    Contents > Resources > Java > judge > campaigns >

Then rename the folder from "D&D 3.5 OGL" to "Pathfinder"

3. BoomerET

BoomerET New Member

Wouldn't a much better way be to clicked advanced, create campaign, the load the pathfinder ruleset from the marketplace, and load that and save?

4. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Yes, that is the best way to start from scratch. Though, AkosPrime already installed the Pathfinder ruleset overriding the 3.5 ruleset. So, a simple rename is all that's needed in this case.

Alternative ways:
    * One could re-install the 3.5 ruleset from the Marketplace, then create a new campaign for Pathfinder in the way described above.
    * One could copy the 3.5 directory and rename it to Pathfinder then install the Pathfinder ruleset from the Marketplace - this option keeps existing maps/creatures/items/handouts.

5. AkosPrime

AkosPrime Member

Thanks guys, I'm not too deeply into d20Pro yet so I could always back out and start over. I was just surprised that it wasn't available by default in the drop down box when the rules were downloaded. I've got the rules imported and they seem to be in the campaign/module - at least from the basic looking at it that I've done. Thanks again for the tips and help!