1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

How to Invite Players

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by John Murphy, Jul 31, 2016.

1. John Murphy

John Murphy New Member

I bought the GM pack and 4 guest slots. I've fooled around for it a little bit and feel familar with using hte maps etc, but now how to I get players to actually join into my game? Do they download the trial verision? Since the slots are guest slots, I'm guessing they don't have to buy the player license correct? How do they find my game.

Finally are there plans to have a more robust users guide?

2. Tay-Dor

Tay-Dor Active Member

They don't need a license to use a guest slot.

Go to options > GM Tab and click the "Get IP address" button. The Public IP and port are what your players will use to connect.

3. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi John!

Tay-Dor already gave you the how-to for inviting players to your hosted game, simply give your players the IP address and port you are using then have them connect.

Regarding the user's guide, as soon as everything settles down (in terms of how things are done), we will write a more robust user's guide / documentation. Right now, everything is in such a flux that we'd have to write a new user's guide every week, as we are improving the code.

4. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

Yeah, agreed. We're dramatically changing things right now. In the current release build skills and feats are static text elements with some mild rules integration - add the Evasion or Improved Evasion feat and you'll gain the benefits on saving throws, for instance.

What we're adding allows you to edit and manage a library of text look ups in the form of Features. Time permitting I'll be posting about the Feature Library in the next couple of days (prior to GenCon!)

Tay-Dor likes this.
  5. Mickey

Mickey Member

While we're on the subject of a user's guide, can I suggest a printable version when you do it? It's a lot easier to reference a book in front of you when doing things than it is to continually Alt-Tab back and forth between D20Pro and the Wiki.