1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

How to Purchase a License

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SolitonMan, Nov 20, 2011.

1. SolitonMan

SolitonMan New Member

Hi, I just started playing with the trial version of d20Pro yesterday and I'm already sure I'm going to be buying a license - once i can figure out how. From what I've read I'm inferring there's a mechanism from within the product to purchase a license, but I'm failing to find the button to click to accomplish this. If anyone could help me out I'd really appreciate it. Thanks! :)

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

How to purchase a license
    1) Open d20Pro.
    2) Enter in your d20Pro Live Account username and password and press the green OK button.
    3) Click on the "Purchase License" button on the d20Pro Live Account - User Home.
    4) Select which License you wish to purchase.
    5) Complete the transaction with PayPal. (If using a check, it may take upwards of 10 business days to clear before your license will be active)

If the "Purchase License" button is grayed out...
    1) Download: Widows d20Pro version 2.4 OR Mac d20Pro version 2.4 OR Linux version 2.4
    2) Install in any directory (other than your version 3.0 directory). Do not need to install the 3.5OGL.
    3) Open d20Pro 2.4
    4) Follow same guide as above.

3. SolitonMan

SolitonMan New Member

Thanks for the info. :) I do have the Purchase License button greyed out (part of my confusion), so I'll try to install the older version of the software to get a license. If I do that, though, will it be good for the 3.0 package I've been running in my trial? And how exactly do I apply a license once purchased? Or is it even necessary to do anything other than buy it? Is it applied automatically to my account, so that access and features are available to me once purchased?

Sorry for the confusion, I've tried to avoid posting these questions because they seem obvious, but these boards seem a bit funky with the search function. It seems every time I try to search I end up with my term being ignored for being "too common". Things like "license" and "pathfinder" and "creature" - all of them ignored. That's just weird, if this is functioning as designed I think someone needs to tweak the search feature on the site to be a bit less restrictive.

Anyway, separate topic, sorry for the tangent. Thanks for your help! :)

4. ChrisRevocateur

The license you buy with 2.4 will be good for 3.0 (and all foreseeable updates). Once you have bought the license in 2.4, what you need to do is open 3.0, and sign into your account. There will be a "download license" button, right under the purchase license button I do believe. After you've downloaded your license, go back to the main d20Pro live screen. Your license should be listed to choose as one to sign in with.

5. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Yes, the forum search feature needs some revision. Until then, feel free to use the forum to post any question. :)

ChrisRevocateur post is correct.

The grayed out Purchase License button while a current Trial License is active is now a known "bug" and will be flagged for a fix.

6. SolitonMan

SolitonMan New Member

Thanks for the help, I've managed to acquire my license, and will hopefully be hooking up with friends online tonight for a test. :) All my solo testing has left me extremely impressed! I can't wait to see how d20Pro aids in managing combat, as well as tracking effects. Great stuff!