1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

How to speed up the map when editing/toggling Fog of War!

Discussion in 'User Created Content' started by owlbear, Aug 30, 2018.

1. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi All,

I know as lead dev I shouldn't be posting a work around (especially since we just launched 3.7.4), however, this is a work-around for the map update lag folks see when editing Fog of War. The fact is that I am working to fix this so you don't need a work around, but in the meantime!!!

When using the Draw Tools->Fog of War, you can minimize the list of regions located below the tools by clicking the little down arrow to the upper left of the table. Using this will tell D20PRO to skip rendering that table/list and save you a lot of processing time (apparently).

With the list minimized, you should see a 2x - 4x speed improvement while editing.

From an official dev stand point, I'm aware of the memory/processing issue and looking for a solution. Soon as I've got it sorted, we should have a the speed improvements AND access to the table for editing purposes.

upload_2018-8-30_9-41-51.png

upload_2018-8-30_9-42-29.png