1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

I hate this issue!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FallenPaladin, Jan 17, 2014.

1. FallenPaladin

FallenPaladin New Member

Hello;
    Hello;
    when i try to launch the program it gives the error like below. I am using win8 pro x86 and java 6 (1.0.6-45).
    I tried:
    Setup java 7 - did not work
    Then uninstal and Setup Java 6 (1.0.6-38)- did not work
    Then complete uninstal Java - - did not work
    Then tried it on my other op. system (win7) but again did not work.

Always give error like below
    any suggest?
    [​IMG]

2. Golkiwu

Golkiwu Member

OK, Windows 7 and 8 UAC (User Access Control) can give problems like this (although I have never seen that error before).

Are you using a 64 bit OS? If so, you will need to install both versions of Java 7 (32 and 64 bit).
    Install D20PRO in it's own folder in the c: drive or other drive you may have, not in the Program Files folder, as that will have issues with the UAC.
    Have you tried running D20PRO using the .bat file? Using the .bat file can sometimes circumvent the issue.
    See if running the .exe or .bat as administrator helps.

I turn off the UAC. I will not say you should do this, nor do it permanently, but it may assist in the issue.

I hope this helps.

3. Golkiwu

Golkiwu Member

I also just looked up the error. References I see refer to language issues due to the set region the Java instal is using. The example I saw was for Turkish, having an issue with how the "i" looks when capitalized. I have no idea if this applies to you, but it seems to happen when you use TURKISH as your selected language for Java setup, according to what the interwebs have said.

4. FallenPaladin

FallenPaladin New Member

Thank you for reply.
    UAC is of. I am using 32bit. I runned the exe and bat as administrator but same.

Golkiwu i am Turkish user. I am tryin'to setup demo version. Now i am using Fantasy Grounds 2. If i like d20 pro i will buy it.
    What can i do for this java problem? Should i change windows language or what? My english a little poor. Sorry.
    And thank you again.

5. Golkiwu

Golkiwu Member

Well, if you are a Turkish user, then the issue is with the selected language on the Java installation. I would uninstall Java 7 32 bit, and re-instal selecting English as the installation language for the Java application. From what I can tell reading the results I got from the error you posted, the letter "i" capitalized in Turkish causes conflict as of Java 7 build 30 (it looks like a Lower case "L" [ l ] and gets Java confused apparently). Java is on build 51 right now, so I am unsure if there is a fix for it. I would make sure you are installing the latest version of Java (7 build 51).

I am curious of changing the Java installation Language will fix the problem you are having. I am fairly sure though that it is an issue with Java, not D20PRO, as I have never seen anyone submit that error before you did.

If you are really having further problems, PM one of the Devs, Like Thraxxis to see if they have any ideas.

6. FallenPaladin

FallenPaladin New Member

i have setup latest version now and it is english but same error again :(

7. Golkiwu

Golkiwu Member

Well, maybe try putting your PC system language as English. Otherwise, I would contact the Developers through a PM on the forums. They are very helpful, especially after the users have exhausted all other options trying to assist.

Best of luck, and I will keep looking online to see if there is a fix for that java error itself.

8. FallenPaladin

FallenPaladin New Member

Thank you very much Golkiwu you're very helpful.

9. FallenPaladin

FallenPaladin New Member

...And same again :) still giving error...

10. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Hello FallenPaladin,

I'd like to find out what exactly is causing the issue you are experiencing. Please download the following error-logger for d20Pro (log4j.prp). Unzip, then place in the following directory: /d20Pro/res/
    Error Logger for d20Pro
    Restart d20Pro, complete the actions that were causing the strange behavior.

Next, please email: contact @ d20Pro . com with the d20.log file, available from the following directory: /d20Pro/
    Then I can take a look if anything is out of place.

We can also extend your trial period so you can give d20Pro a complete test, simply also include your d20Pro Live user name.

11. FallenPaladin

FallenPaladin New Member

Hello erdwardcd;

and thank you for your interest. I did everything you told me but there is no a file named d20pro.log (not in d20pro directory nor in d20pro/res directory).
    Actually problem is starting. i completed the installation (i downloaded d20pro 3.3.4 exe windows from website) and then when i tried to start program, directly giving me the that error. I tried to run .bat file with administration but then it says "Error: Unable to access jarfile d20pro.dat" (directroy contains d20pro.dat file).

Here is the pictures.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks again.

12. Golkiwu

Golkiwu Member

You cannot install D20PRO in the Program Files folder, it will not work there in Windows 7/8. Refer to my earlier post.

13. FallenPaladin

FallenPaladin New Member

Golkiwu, ok. i read your post. i tried to setup in C:/ directory but same.

14. thraxxis

thraxxis Member

Hail FallenPaladin,

Java has really been having some issues of late, making d20Pro look bad. :evil:

Could you please try updating to the newest version of Java? That may solve the problem.

If not, I will work with you to copy a version of Java over that only d20Pro will use. In fact the next release is going to have it's own JVM bundled so there will be no more of this nonsense. :geek:

15. thraxxis

thraxxis Member

Update: we've done some research on this issue and have identified a fix. This will require a code change. It is being tracked now and will be available in the next release.

In the meantime we will work with every user affected with a custom Java that only d20Pro will use.

16. FallenPaladin

FallenPaladin New Member

Problem solved! Thank you Mat.

17. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

That will help things a lot, great idea!!