1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

IC chat features

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Robotguy, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Robotguy

Robotguy Member

I doubt many people use the IC talk/do/emote features for all IC interaction, but my group currently does and I think it could easily be made MUCH easier with a few small changes.

1. Don't automatically close the dialog when you click "SAY". This way players can continue to talk without having to press t every time.
    2. It would be handy to have access to a SAY/DO/EMOTE/WHISPER/YELL tab in the "mini" panel that opens when I double click a mini that I own, especially for the DM who has to talk as several different characters in any one session.
    3. A way to speak IC from the game log such as "/say sildar tally ho boys!" or "/do sildar looks askance at the tiefling." using the same name matching criteria as /tell, but with minis (disallowed if multiple minis match, or all 'Goblin Archer' minis might speak in chorus. Creepy)

And something unrelated to the talk feature:

A. A notes tab that the players could use to to take notes during the game would be handy.

2. Robotguy

Robotguy Member

My players are having a blast playing LMoP in an all text format in D20Pro, so obviously the text interface is useable. Here's another feature request that I'm sure will be low on the priority list, but I might as well get it out there.

IV. It would be handy to have an indicator in the player list that shows when someone is either typing in OOC chat or in a SAY text box. Something functionally equivalent to the ellipsis in iOS messages that shows when someone is typing a text.
    [​IMG]

3. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Robotguy,

I like all three of your suggestions, and even thought about those exact suggestions myself earlier. While it's not being currently developed for d20Pro classic, if someone is adventurous enough they could make a plug-in/addon/extension that could have a window that doesn't disappear with all those say/do/emote/whisper/yell actions and have it submit to the game log. http://forums.d20pro.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2040

That said, this would be a great addition for d20Pro Unlimited built-in chat functions.

4. Robotguy

Robotguy Member

Great idea. I've been wanting to start playing with extensions.

Are extensions working at the moment? I cant even get the demo extension to install.