1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Import Export

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by HippyCraig, Sep 3, 2018.

1. HippyCraig

HippyCraig Member

I started using some market place content in my maps, I'm just suggesting have the import and export functionality lock the few asset I use from the marketplace to my account so that I can only import the file.

#1 HippyCraig, Sep 3, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
  2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

Re Discord;

owlbearLast Monday at 5:53 PM
    it's a lot easier then the export import method. Also, the plan IS to build out a shared library for you to stash stuff, but that shared library is really just a UI to "copy your campaign folder to the new location"

owlbearLast Monday at 6:00 PM
    an export has no ID associated with it. encrypted content carries an
    assetID in the campaign so we can find it. so when you import, a new ID is created so we don't overwrite content. Marketplace material sits in a special secure space and is encrypted by the server on demand.

owlbear Last Monday at 7:15 PM
    FYI, I was digging and the main issue with bypassing encrypted creature exports is legion. Creatures from the PHB have a multitude of encrypted elements from items, to traits, to features, to classes embedded in them. We embed the data so we don't have to hit the GM for lookups each time we access an element. So yeah, the shared library is likely the best solution still.

3. HippyCraig

HippyCraig Member

I think were good I posted this while we were chatting to get it on a feature request thats all, it sounds like you guys have a plan to get this stuff to work for copies between campaigns, it might get a little tougher if there is some breaking change that will prevent us from copying the campaign folder to a new install. Just some food for thought :)