1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Import Issue.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bigkilla, Nov 25, 2010.

1. bigkilla

bigkilla Member

Ok.I am trying to import a new character for my Sunday game and i get the following error.

This plugin is invalid. Please recompile it using the latest API and try again.
    Caused by: Unexpected exception
    Caused by: Unable to load Document from file: C:\HeroLab\Portfolios\d20pro\Edward Geraldine.hld20pro
    Caused by: Element type "attack" must be followed by either attribute specifications, ">" or "/>".

I have no idea what "elemental type attack" is/

Attached Files:

2. ogexam

ogexam Member

I found the issue. The name of the weapon is Father's ... The ' is throwing off the xml file. Since 'name' is used to store string value. With the name of the weapon being 'Father's Legacy' that extra ' in the middle causes the xml file to choke.

Remove the apostrophe and it will import just fine.

3. bigkilla

bigkilla Member

Sweet thanks.

4. ogexam

ogexam Member

which version of herolabs are you using?

I was talking with Colen and HeroLabs and he wanted to know which version you are using.

5. bigkilla

bigkilla Member

It is the newest version. Totally up to date.

6. ogexam

ogexam Member

Interesting...

Colen, the guy that does Herolabs exporter, stated it shouldn't do that. Hmmm ok, I am going to do some more testing on it to see if I can figure out where it is freaking out.

7. ogexam

ogexam Member

I did some more testing and there is a bug on HeroLab side of things. I have emailed them with more details so they can fix the bug.

As for now just do not put an apostrophe in any names.

8. phloog

phloog Member

I am on new everything and am now getting a similar error when doing an import of a portfolio with a large number of PF creatures from the official HL Bestiary.

String index out of range, requesting that there be a recompile.

The portfolio in question had a lot of "Half-XXXX" creatures, and I thought that perhaps the dash was causing trouble, but changing their names didn't seem to help...individual creatures from the batch (letters E through H, got A through D to run with NO errors) seem to load/import.

Thoughts?
    JT

9. phloog

phloog Member

Tried I through M entries - - got different API issue. I would have thought using ONLY HL sold datasets with vanilla D20Pro would actually have worked.

UPDATE: Curious, I decided to run through the I through M monsters ONE by ONE (YUCK!), and they all loaded until I got to the Kyton, when I got the API error and it told me that the problem was an input string;

"2 (good weapons and spells,silver weapons)".

so it's likely in the content output by HL case by case...???

10. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

d20Pro importer does not recognize the line
    Code:
    <special name="Regeneration 2 (good weapons and spells, silver weapons)">Heal HP quickly and cannot die.</special>

More Specifically
    Code:
    ...name="Regeneration"...

I tried all sorts of combinations, and narrowed it down to d20Pro importer of a herolab d20pro exported file does not like "regeneration". If I rename this special ability anything else, it works. Even if I misspell the word like below the importer works with no errors.

Code:
    <special name="Regenoration 2 (good weapons and spells, silver weapons)">Heal HP quickly and cannot die.</special>

11. ogexam

ogexam Member

You know I thought I had fixed that bug... must have another one. It comes when trying to determine the value of the regeneration.

Change it to "Regeneration 2" and it should work.

I will get this one on the list.

12. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Already tried this, anything with the name "Regeneration" does not work, even if you add characters after.

13. ogexam

ogexam Member

which creature are you exporting out of Herolabs? I was able to do a troll just fine the other day.

14. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

This is the exported file which contains two heroes, one of which gets an error message during the import process. I have isolated the line and surrounded it with empty space so you can find it easy.

Again, it works if you misspell Regeneration. It works when you only put "Regeneration 2". But it does not work if you use "Regeneration_______" (where "_____" equals more text) or "Regeneration 2 (something here)"

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
    <document signature="d20Pro Import File"><importer version="2" game="pathfinder"/><hero heroname="Unnamed Hero"><keyvalue id="Size" value="Medium"/><keyvalue id="Space" value="5"/><keyvalue id="Reach" value="5"/><keyvalue id="Speed" value="30"/><keyvalue id="NumHands" name="Number of Hands" value="2"/><keyvalue id="Class"/><keyvalue id="Race" value="No Race"/><keyvalue id="Alignment" value="No Alignment"/><keyvalue id="CurrentHP" name="Current Hit Points" value="0"/><keyvalue id="MaxHP" name="Maximum Hit Points" value="0"/><keyvalue id="ACTotal" name="Total Armor Class" value="10"/><keyvalue id="ACArmor" name="AC from Armor"/><keyvalue id="ACShield" name="AC from Shield"/><keyvalue id="ACDexMod" name="AC from Dexterity Modifier"/><keyvalue id="ACNatural" name="AC from Natural"/><keyvalue id="ACDeflect" name="AC from Deflection"/><keyvalue id="ACDodge" name="AC from Dodge"/><keyvalue id="ACMisc" name="AC from Miscellaneous"/><keyvalue id="CMBTotal" name="Total CMB" value="+0"/><keyvalue id="CMDTotal" name="Total CMD" value="10"/><keyvalue id="CMDFlat" name="Flat-Footed CMD" value="10"/><keyvalue id="PP" name="Total PP" value="0"/><keyvalue id="GP" name="Total GP" value="150"/><keyvalue id="SP" name="Total SP" value="0"/><keyvalue id="CP" name="Total CP" value="0"/><background gender="male" age="0" height="0'" weight="0lb." hair="" eyes="" skin=""></background><types/><attributes><keyvalue id="aSTR" name="Strength" value="10"/><keyvalue id="aDEX" name="Dexterity" value="10"/><keyvalue id="aCON" name="Constitution" value="10"/><keyvalue id="aINT" name="Intelligence" value="10"/><keyvalue id="aWIS" name="Wisdom" value="10"/><keyvalue id="aCHA" name="Charisma" value="10"/></attributes><saves><keyvalue id="svFort" name="Fortitude Save" value="0"/><keyvalue id="svRef" name="Reflex Save" value="0"/><keyvalue id="svWill" name="Will Save" value="0"/></saves><attacks><attack id="wUnarmed" name="Unarmed Strike" attack="0" damage="1d3" critical="20/x2" multiattacks="no" class="light" equipped="" melee="true" ranged="false" thrown="false" finesse="false" damagetype="B"/></attacks><feats/><skills><skill id="skAcrobat" name="Acrobatics" ranks="0" misc="0" classskill="no"/><skill id="skAppraise" name="Appraise" ranks="0" misc="0" classskill="no"/><skill id="skPUAhypno" name="Autohypnosis" ranks="0" misc="0" classskill="no"/><skill id="skBluff" name="Bluff" ranks="0" misc="0" classskill="no"/><skill id="skClimb" name="Climb" ranks="0" misc="0" classskill="no"/><skill id="skDiplo" name="Diplomacy" ranks="0" misc="0" classskill="no"/><skill id="skDisable" name="Disable Device" ranks="0" misc="-2" classskill="no"/><skill id="skDisguise" name="Disguise" ranks="0" misc="0" classskill="no"/><skill id="skEscape" name="Escape Artist" ranks="0" misc="0" classskill="no"/><skill id="skFly" name="Fly" ranks="0" misc="0" classskill="no"/><skill id="skHandleAn" name="Handle Animal" ranks="0" misc="0" classskill="no"/><skill id="skHeal" name="Heal" ranks="0" misc="0" classskill="no"/><skill id="skIntim" name="Intimidate" ranks="0" misc="0" classskill="no"/><skill id="skLinguist" name="Linguistics" ranks="0" misc="0" classskill="no"/><skill id="skPercep" name="Perception" ranks="0" misc="0" classskill="no"/><skill id="skRide" name="Ride" ranks="0" misc="0" classskill="no"/><skill id="skSenseMot" name="Sense Motive" ranks="0" misc="0" classskill="no"/><skill id="skSleight" name="Sleight of Hand" ranks="0" misc="0" classskill="no"/><skill id="skSpellcr" name="Spellcraft" ranks="0" misc="0" classskill="no"/><skill id="skStealth" name="Stealth" ranks="0" misc="0" classskill="no"/><skill id="skSurvival" name="Survival" ranks="0" misc="0" classskill="no"/><skill id="skSwim" name="Swim" ranks="0" misc="0" classskill="no"/><skill id="skUseMagic" name="Use Magic Device" ranks="0" misc="0" classskill="no"/><skill id="lCommon" name="Speak Common" ranks="1" misc="0" classskill="no"/></skills><gear><item id="gGround" name="Dropped to Ground (empty)" quantity="1"/></gear><spellsknown/><spellsmemorized/><specialabilities><special name="Hero Points (1)" uses="3">Hero Points can be spent at any time to grant a variety of bonuses.</special></specialabilities><userimages/></hero><hero active="yes" heroname="Kyton"><keyvalue id="Size" value="Medium"/><keyvalue id="Space" value="5"/><keyvalue id="Reach" value="5"/><keyvalue id="Speed" value="30"/><keyvalue id="NumHands" name="Number of Hands" value="2"/><keyvalue id="Class" value="Outsider 8"/><keyvalue id="Race" value="Kyton"/><keyvalue id="Alignment" value="Lawful Evil"/><keyvalue id="CurrentHP" name="Current Hit Points" value="60"/><keyvalue id="MaxHP" name="Maximum Hit Points" value="60"/><keyvalue id="ACTotal" name="Total Armor Class" value="21"/><keyvalue id="ACArmor" name="AC from Armor" value="+4"/><keyvalue id="ACShield" name="AC from Shield"/><keyvalue id="ACDexMod" name="AC from Dexterity Modifier" value="+3"/><keyvalue id="ACNatural" name="AC from Natural" value="+4"/><keyvalue id="ACDeflect" name="AC from Deflection"/><keyvalue id="ACDodge" name="AC from Dodge"/><keyvalue id="ACMisc" name="AC from Miscellaneous"/><keyvalue id="CMBTotal" name="Total CMB" value="+10"/><keyvalue id="CMDTotal" name="Total CMD" value="23"/><keyvalue id="CMDFlat" name="Flat-Footed CMD" value="20"/><keyvalue id="PP" name="Total PP" value="0"/><keyvalue id="GP" name="Total GP" value="0"/><keyvalue id="SP" name="Total SP" value="0"/><keyvalue id="CP" name="Total CP" value="0"/><background gender="male" age="0" height="0'" weight="0lb." hair="" eyes="" skin=""></background><types><type name="Outsider"/><subtype name="Evil"/><subtype name="Extraplanar"/><subtype name="Lawful"/></types><attributes><keyvalue id="aSTR" name="Strength" value="15"/><keyvalue id="aDEX" name="Dexterity" value="17"/><keyvalue id="aCON" name="Constitution" value="14"/><keyvalue id="aINT" name="Intelligence" value="11"/><keyvalue id="aWIS" name="Wisdom" value="12"/><keyvalue id="aCHA" name="Charisma" value="12"/></attributes><saves><keyvalue id="svFort" name="Fortitude Save" value="8"/><keyvalue id="svRef" name="Reflex Save" value="9"/><keyvalue id="svWill" name="Will Save" value="3"/></saves><attacks><attack id="wKytonCh" name="Chains x4 (Kyton)" attack="1" damage="2d4" critical="20/x2" multiattacks="no" class="light" equipped="" melee="true" ranged="false" thrown="false" finesse="false" damagetype="P"/><attack id="wUnarmed" name="Unarmed Strike" attack="0" damage="1d3" critical="20/x2" multiattacks="yes" class="light" equipped="" melee="true" ranged="false" thrown="false" finesse="false" damagetype="B"/></attacks><feats><keyvalue id="fAlertness" name="Alertness"/><keyvalue id="fBlindFgt" name="Blind-Fight"/><keyvalue id="fImpInit" name="Improved Initiative"/><keyvalue id="fWepMart" name="Martial Weapon Proficiency - All"/><keyvalue id="fSimple" name="Simple Weapon Proficiency - All"/><keyvalue id="fWepFoc" name="Weapon Focus: Chains"/></feats><skills><skill id="skAcrobat" name="Acrobatics" ranks="8" misc="0" classskill="yes"/><skill id="skAppraise" name="Appraise" ranks="0" misc="0" classskill="no"/><skill id="skBluff" name="Bluff" ranks="0" misc="0" classskill="yes"/><skill id="skClimb" name="Climb" ranks="8" misc="0" classskill="yes"/><skill id="skCrafBlac" name="Craft: Blacksmith" ranks="8" misc="-2" classskill="yes"/><skill id="skDiplo" name="Diplomacy" ranks="0" misc="0" classskill="no"/><skill id="skDisable" name="Disable Device" ranks="0" misc="-2" classskill="no"/><skill id="skDisguise" name="Disguise" ranks="0" misc="0" classskill="no"/><skill id="skEscape" name="Escape Artist" ranks="8" misc="0" classskill="yes"/><skill id="skFly" name="Fly" ranks="0" misc="0" classskill="no"/><skill id="skHandleAn" name="Handle Animal" ranks="0" misc="0" classskill="no"/><skill id="skHeal" name="Heal" ranks="0" misc="0" classskill="no"/><skill id="skIntim" name="Intimidate" ranks="8" misc="0" classskill="yes"/><skill id="skLinguist" name="Linguistics" ranks="0" misc="0" classskill="no"/><skill id="skPercep" name="Perception" ranks="8" misc="2" classskill="yes"/><skill id="skRide" name="Ride" ranks="0" misc="0" classskill="no"/><skill id="skSenseMot" name="Sense Motive" ranks="0" misc="2" classskill="yes"/><skill id="skSleight" name="Sleight of Hand" ranks="0" misc="0" classskill="no"/><skill id="skSpellcr" name="Spellcraft" ranks="0" misc="0" classskill="no"/><skill id="skStealth" name="Stealth" ranks="0" misc="0" classskill="yes"/><skill id="skSurvival" name="Survival" ranks="0" misc="0" classskill="no"/><skill id="skSwim" name="Swim" ranks="0" misc="0" classskill="no"/><skill id="skUseMagic" name="Use Magic Device" ranks="0" misc="0" classskill="no"/><skill id="lCommon" name="Speak Common" ranks="1" misc="0" classskill="no"/><skill id="lInfernal" name="Speak Infernal" ranks="1" misc="0" classskill="no"/></skills><gear><item id="gGround" name="Dropped to Ground (empty)" quantity="1"/></gear><spellsknown/><spellsmemorized/><specialabilities><special name="Blind-Fight">Re-roll misses because of concealment, other benefits.</special><special name="Chain Armor (Ex)">The chains that adorn a kyton grant it a +4 armor bonus, but are not treated as armor for the purpose of arcane spell failure, armor check penalties, maximum Dexterity, weight, or proficiency.</special><special name="Damage Reduction (5/good or silver)">You have Damage Reduction against all except Good or Silver attacks.</special><special name="Dancing Chains (DC 15) (Su)">A kyton can control up to four chains within 20 feet as a standard action, making the chains dance or move as it wishes. In addition, a kyton can increase these chains' length by up to 15 feet and cause them to sprout razor-edged barbs. These chains attack as effectively as the kyton itself. If a chain is in another creature's possession, the creature can attempt a DC 15 Will save to break the kyton's power over that chain. If the save is successful, the kyton cannot attempt to control that particular chain again for 24 hours or until the chain leaves the creature's possession. A kyton can climb chains it controls at its normal speed without making Climb checks. The save DC is Charisma-based.</special><special name="Darkvision (60 feet)">You can see in the dark (black and white vision only).</special><special name="Immunity to Cold">You are immune to cold damage.</special>
    <special name="Spell Resistance (17)">You have Spell Resistance.</special>

<special name="Regeneration 2 (good weapons and spells, silver weapons)">Heal HP quickly and cannot die.</special>

<special name="Unnerving Gaze (DC 15) (Su)">Range 30 ft., Will DC 15 negates. A kyton can make its face resemble one of an opponent's departed loved ones or bitter enemies. Those who fail their saves become shaken for 1d3 rounds. This is a mind-affecting fear effect. The save DC is Charisma-based.</special>
    </specialabilities>
    <userimages/>
    </hero>
    </document>