1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Importing files

Discussion in 'Pathfinder' started by toxic911, Jul 8, 2011.

1. toxic911

toxic911 New Member

Can anyone tell me how to import a Hero Lab Patherfinder character file into d20PRO?

2. bigkilla

bigkilla Member

While in herolab: File/save custom output/ d20pro output.

then in d20pro: import from herolab

Done.

3. toxic911

toxic911 New Member

Thank you.

4. branbric

branbric New Member

I have a problem, it seems that the spell effects did not carry, or does my party members have to input spell values everytime they cast?

5. bigkilla

bigkilla Member

They will have to input them every time they cast. Or each player and the GM can make and save the spell effects that the will use often within D20Pro, then they just have to load the effect within the spell casting function to have it stored and ready.

6. AEIOU

AEIOU Member

The spell effects and how they are (not) handled in d20pro is the single-most biggest problem with the software. The devs stated last fall and again in February that it is being worked on actively. I recently paid my GM license fee based on this promise and hope it comes to fruition this winter.

Yes, you can enter the details of each and every spell FOR EACH AND EVERY LEVEL. But without any details of what is being worked on, when it will be delivered or any indication of whether the effort spent doing the data entry now can be transitioned to whatever the new system will be, is (IMNSHO) an exercise in stupidity at this point.

7. Daeruin

Daeruin New Member

They wrote a blog post about it recently saying they are actively working on it, but didn't give any specifics on what exactly the changes are going to be.