1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Importing PCGen Characters

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Darian863, Feb 19, 2016.

1. Darian863

Darian863 New Member

I see there have been several topics on PCGen imports on the forum, but none of them seem to be having quite my problem or version number. I am using D20Pro 3.5.7 with trial version and PCGen version 6.04.01

When I try to import my either of my characters from PCGen into the game they produce this error:

This plugin is invalid. Please recompile it using the latest API and try again.
    Caused by: Unexpected exception
    Caused by: For input string: "5 by 5".

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Please attach your PCGen Character, and the file you exported. This way we can see what's going on. Thanks.

3. Darian863

Darian863 New Member

Here is the file I exported, I tried to export it with both csheet_fantasy_generic_export.xml and to csheet_fantasy_generic_export.xml.ftl the former didn't seem to work, the file would not even open after creation (or import into D20pro) and the latter generates the document attached.

I am not sure how to attach the PCGen character as it is not an accepted file type on this posting.

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

Attached Files:

4. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

To upload PCGen file types, simply change the extension to .txt or ZIP the file to upload.

5. Darian863

Darian863 New Member

Okay there are the files.

Also unrelated question, I have an archetype that I would like to use Arcane Healer for Bard and it does not appear to be in any of the source files. It is in Pathfinder Player Companion: Faiths & Philosophies, which does not have a listed .pcc file on the source page of PCGen is there anywhere I can look for that file?

Attached Files:

6. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

I see. So apparently PCGEN added some extra data in their export now.

In the meantime, there is a quick-fix you can perform on all your exported characters.

Open up the XML Export file and find the following line(s) somewhere around line 114-124 then modify them:

Before:
    Code:
    		<face>
    			<face>5 ft. by 5 ft.</face>
    			<short>5 ft. x 5 ft.</short>
    			<squares>1 x 1</squares>
    		</face>
    After:
    Code:
    		<face>
    			<face>5 ft.</face>
    			<short>5 ft.</short>
    			<squares>1</squares>
    		</face>
    Save.

Now you can import into D20PRO.

Enjoy :)

7. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

You can always create it yourself if no one else has created this, you can see this youtube video for some help adding it to PCGen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7f4E4m1jH9Y

8. Darian863

Darian863 New Member

Thanks for your help.