1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In-game languages

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Gekko, Apr 22, 2017.

1. Gekko

Gekko New Member

I would suggest removing the languages from the skill-section.

Additionally it would be a cool chat-feature to select a language and only players controlling a character knowing this language could read the words. Others receive a message that xxx speaks in an unknown language.

2. Krilion_GD

Krilion_GD Community Manager
    Staff Member

Your certainly free to remove the languages from your dataset, no reason to handicap everyone for a house rule. There has been some fiddling with system language fonts, tho nothing like what you suggest.

3. Tay-Dor

Tay-Dor Active Member

Having languages in the skill section is a handy way to track which ones you know.

I do second the idea for the languages fun in the chat box. Sure would save me as a DM from having to send individual tells to the two or three pcs that can understand the critter du jour.

4. Gekko

Gekko New Member

I don't vote for removing languages or a house rule. I suggest removing it from the skill tab to a language tab.

Having an own section would be more convenient and tidy up the skill tab.

Tay-Dor likes this.
  5. vanith

vanith Member

One of the things I performed in my game was google translate, it's not 100% accurate, but it is a fun twist to the game when people spout off a different language in the chat box

6. Tay-Dor

Tay-Dor Active Member

With the new feature library, one could add a trait for each language and designate them to sort to a "languages" tab.