1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Initial Questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Elric66, May 26, 2016.

1. Elric66

Elric66 New Member

Greetings All :)

Just downloaded the 30 day trial and have some questions before I consider actual purchase. :)

If I get the $30 License, can I install D20Pro on multiple machines? i.e. I create/run my games from my main Desktop PC since that is where my libraries and such are located. When I play away from home, I like to use my notebook with a secondary monitor. Sometimes at lunch I have some free time and like to work on my surface. Is all of this possible?

Can I run D20Pro on a machine and run a second instance on the same machine from a secondary monitor that I can show the players while I do my stuff on the notebook?

If I get the $30 License, can one of the player licenses be used to connect to someone else's game?

I currently use BRPG (and really like it) but like the possibilities of D20Pro since it apparently has the Pathfinder Ruleset available.

I'm sure I'll think of more during the trial but these are biggies for me. Thanks! :)

2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

1: Yes, pretty common practice.. I do this myself.. Work on my laptop while watching TV, but run my actual game from my PC.

2: Yes, likewise, I often have two instances of the app running when working on map in order to be able to see what a player would see.

3: The Judge license comes standard with a 'Judge" host option and a 'Cient' connect option. Extra seats are there to allow others to connect to your host session without a license.

Hope that helps, if you think of anything else.. please let me know...

3. Elric66

Elric66 New Member

So for me to be able to connect to someone and not use one of their purchased seat licenses, I would still need to purchase a player license myself. The 2 licenses that come with the $30 option are ONLY for me to open a second instance and/or have someone connect to ME. Correct?

Just want to make sure I get the right stuff. :)

Thanks!

4. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

If you purchased a Judge license, you also purchased a client license so you are covered... You do not need to purchase a secondary client license..

in otherwords, the Judge license will act as a Client license for connecting to other sessions... and not count against their available seats (if they have them)..

5. Elric66

Elric66 New Member

Gotcha - Thank you. :)

I thought of another one... Is internet access required to use the program? Like to pull the license down when you get ready to use it? I live in a small town and wireless (at least a decent wireless) is not always available when I play at the game store or other locations. I can tether, but that's iffy at times based on AT&T's whims.

6. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Internet is only required for the trial license, once you get a paid license downloaded it no longer requires Internet verification.

Internet connection is then only required if you have someone externally trying to connect via Internet. Like a friend at their house connecting to your gam at yours.

7. Elric66

Elric66 New Member

Thanks - Everything looks good so far. :)