1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Initiative

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Overspace, Aug 31, 2011.

1. Overspace

Overspace New Member

When I initiate a combat, everybody rolls initative and I have a nice screen with all the rolls where I can edit stuff. Once I validatem can I access this screen again ?

If further along the fight, I add people to it (monsters in another room who heard about it and are joining for example) who were before left out of initiative, is there a way I can now what they rolled or alter it before they get added to the initiative list ?

Not sure if I'm clear ... And for summoning monsters, is there a way to make sure they're at the init of their summoner ?

Thanks for the help !

2. Vision9000

Vision9000 Member

I'm not sure about bringing up the same initiative screen.

However, monsters joining a fight can enter at the top of the initiative in a given round (per the DMG)--if they were aware of the conflict but the party was not aware of them. For that, I know you can "Go now" from the individual d20Pro creature options under "Initiative".

I tend to use the "Go now" any time someone or something needs to act immediately regardless of where they were in initiative.

Also, this is a handy way to cause a summoned creature to act immediately upon joining the fray, on the initiative of the caster/summoner.

After "Go now", the creatures remain at that point in the initiative.

Yes, editing the inits would be handy. In the meantime, a person can "Go now" at the right times during an existing initiative and cause creatures to end up at the right place.

3. phloog

phloog Member

I believe it is lost for good once you hit the green check to confirm.

I would LOVE it if it preserved the actual numbers rolled and allowed editing - I consider this an area where even ancient old DMGenie beat D20pro.

4. neofax

neofax New Member

+1 as I copy the log file out to our forums so if anyone doesn't show for a game, they know what happened. Also, it breeds trust that the DM is not cheating or favoritism. Especially for Organized Play.

5. Coopernicus

Coopernicus Member

Wow, old thread, but it's still relevant.

Is there a way to access the initial initiative window?
    It seems like a basic function to be able to bring up and change that screen whenever a user wants and as is, it's an extremely tedious task to add in other combatants and such.
    Is there an add-on whether official or not, that can make that happen?

Thanks

6. Caraldur

Caraldur Member

I'd like to see the ability to reroll initiative every round if need with a check box in the options window under Judge tab.

-Car

7. Coopernicus

Coopernicus Member

If any of the powers that be can see this thread, is there any chance this or sth similar cold be implemented in D20Pro?

Thanks