1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Install into New Machine - Proper Steps

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by phloog, Jun 1, 2011.

1. phloog

phloog Member

my forum search skills are lacking...if I bought a new laptop and want to use all my licenses on it instead of my old laptop, what are the recommended, official steps? I haven't even installed yet in case there's something i need to do first.

Thanks,
    JT

2. Golkiwu

Golkiwu Member

If you have a thumb drive, copy to it (entire D20Pro folder) and paste it to where you want on the new one. It will run.

3. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

An alternative way:
    1. Download d20Pro on your new computer.
    2. Install d20Pro on your new computer.
    3. Open d20Pro on your new computer.
    4. Use the login screen
    [​IMG]
    5. Enter your User Name and Password and click on the green circled check-mark.
    6. Click on the Download button on your Full version License.
    7. Logout and Enjoy.

Make sure to keep a copy of your "Judge" folder from your old computer so you can replace the new install with all your existing campaign files.

4. phloog

phloog Member

Sorry to resurrect this, but just had to move to ANOTHER laptop (Vaio went Poof!)...

I had to have a license server password refresh, and they gave me a temp password, telling me I should immediately change it "within the d20Pro application"...where is that...on the opening splash there is a password reset button, but I am worried that's to start the whole process again if you forgot yours.

?

Thanks,
    JT

5. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Opening screen, simply put in your account details and press the appropriate button.