1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Installing the Pathfinder Ruleset

Discussion in 'Pathfinder' started by Sage, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Sage

Sage New Member

Hi, all- new here, and just getting ready to start two Pathfinder campaigns using D20Pro. I saw in the Wiki that the Pathfinder rules were available, and downloaded them. The instructions, however, indicate that I should "paste them into your d20pro\judge\campaign\____\res\manually specified folder. Note that you need to overwrite the default ones, which handle 3.5 D&D."

The current ruleset is at a different path; should I use the current path, create a new one, or use some other method?

Thanks in advance for any assistance. (This may belong in a different forum, but I thought I'd start here since it's Pathfinder-specific.)

-Sage

2. Daggeth

Daggeth New Member

Sage, easiest way to do it is probably to go into judge\campaigns\ and make a copy of the 'legacy campaigns' folder in there. You can then rename that folder to anything you'd like (I have one just named Pathfinder) and copy the text files you downloaded into judge\campaigns\<the folder you just renamed>\res\manually specified\. Does that all make sense?

3. Sage

Sage New Member

Thanks. The only folder in the "campaigns" folder is "D&D 3.5 OGL." That's what was throwing me off- the path didn't exist, and the folders/files had different names. Is that ("D&D 3.5 OGL") the folder that should be replaced?

4. ogexam

ogexam Member

The D&D 3.5 OGL is the folder that contains the 3.5 information we can auto produce thanks to the OGL.

If you want to create one for Pathfinder Make a folder called Pathfinder then copy the contents of the D&D 3.5 OGL into that folder. Replace the user specified files to the Pathfinder files. Then Start d20Pro and clean out the 3.5 stuff and start importing your Pathfinder information.

Maybe someone should zip up a version of the basic Pathfinder setup and allow people to download the campaign for ease of use.

I will look into getting one setup that stays within legal licensing, so players can just download the basic Pathfinder setup quickly and easily.