1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Interested in a DCC?

Discussion in 'D&D 3.X Edition' started by Robotguy, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Robotguy

Robotguy Member

I am in the process of preparing a short Dungeon Crawl Classic for D20Pro. I'm guessing it will be about a month before I'm ready to start, but I thought I'd ask around to see who's interested.

A bit about me and my style:
    • I am a pretty new GM, but I ran a twice monthly DCC in OpenRPG a while ago for almost a year. I am currently running an f2f game using D20Pro to project the map, but this would be my first full online use of the software.
    • My ultimate goal is for the players to have FUN, so I tend to not get bogged down in the rules too much. Plus I won't put up with a jerk (in character or out).
    • I plan to play on a weeknight (preferably Monday or Tuesday) for several hours between 6pm and 12pm PST, probably every other week.
    • This will be a short adventure, so I'll probably provide pre-gen characters, and request a bit of background from players.
    • I have no plans for this group to continue, so If you're looking for a short term commitment (I'm guessing about a dozen sessions or so), this could be it.
    • It is going to be a DCC, so there really won't be any roleplay-only encounters. That being said I firmly believe there is ample room for roleplay during combat and puzzles so I will encourage and reward this.
    • I roleplay much better in text, and I'm guessing others may also, so all interaction will be through D20Pro, no voice.
    • I'm doing my maps with Dundjinni, but I'm no artist, so they'll be decent. Don't expect studio-quality art...

TL;DR Let's kill some stuff, get some loot, and have a blast doing it!