1. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Interested in a DCC?

Discussion in 'D&D 3.X Edition' started by Robotguy, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Robotguy

Robotguy Member

I am in the process of preparing a short Dungeon Crawl Classic for D20Pro. I'm guessing it will be about a month before I'm ready to start, but I thought I'd ask around to see who's interested.

A bit about me and my style:
    • I am a pretty new GM, but I ran a twice monthly DCC in OpenRPG a while ago for almost a year. I am currently running an f2f game using D20Pro to project the map, but this would be my first full online use of the software.
    • My ultimate goal is for the players to have FUN, so I tend to not get bogged down in the rules too much. Plus I won't put up with a jerk (in character or out).
    • I plan to play on a weeknight (preferably Monday or Tuesday) for several hours between 6pm and 12pm PST, probably every other week.
    • This will be a short adventure, so I'll probably provide pre-gen characters, and request a bit of background from players.
    • I have no plans for this group to continue, so If you're looking for a short term commitment (I'm guessing about a dozen sessions or so), this could be it.
    • It is going to be a DCC, so there really won't be any roleplay-only encounters. That being said I firmly believe there is ample room for roleplay during combat and puzzles so I will encourage and reward this.
    • I roleplay much better in text, and I'm guessing others may also, so all interaction will be through D20Pro, no voice.
    • I'm doing my maps with Dundjinni, but I'm no artist, so they'll be decent. Don't expect studio-quality art...

TL;DR Let's kill some stuff, get some loot, and have a blast doing it!