1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Interested in linux packages?

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by mercury00, Apr 23, 2011.

1. mercury00

mercury00 New Member

I heart linux, and our game has become d20pro based (so we meet in person and play on d20pro), and my players almost all use linux.

I was thinking, do you need someone to package d20pro so that it shows up in the linux menu like it does in windows? That is, it will 'install' itself into the system, and allow running from the games menu as opposed to unzipping it into a local folder and running the bash script. Thought it could be useful - though I'd only be able to do .deb and .rpm for fedora and debian (and debian based like ubuntu and mint), so you'd still want to keep the zip files around for other linux distros.

I'll put together a test package next week so anyone that might be interested in this let me now. Also, since I'm just thinking out loud and haven't tried to package it yet, I don't know if it would freak out about locations of data files and stuff like that. So we'll see.

2. thraxxis

thraxxis Member

Hail and well met mercury00,

Thanks for the kind offer! Enhancing the d20Pro experience on Linux, even if only for a selection of flavors initially, is a great idea. Please PM me once you have something to review and we'll discuss how to make it available for all. :geek: