1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Items messed up in 2.3

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by Remaker, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Remaker

Remaker Member

I don't seem to be the only person having problems with items after the update, but no one has reported the issues I'm having.

The item tab no longer has a search/filter option. This makes finding specific items extremely tedious.

Once an item is placed on the map, I can't highlight it or interact with it. The only way to operate on it is to move a creature into the same square and use the pick up command.

2. thraxxis

thraxxis Member

Hail and well met remaker,

I'm not aware of the Item tab ever having a search/filter. The Item Library has one and so does the popup window for choosing a new item. You're right though it could be super tedious to find a single item if your Creature is a pack mule. :D

I just added this User Story to our project tracking tool and expedited it for the v2.3.1 patch that should be available later this month. So relief is coming, thanks for pointing out this shortcoming.

As for an Item placed on the map already, make sure to go back to your Item Library, clicking the button again if necessary, to reactivate the Item Instrument. You'll then be able to interact with items on the map, moving them or making invisible. We're working on a more consistent way to interact with every artifact on the map (Creatures, Items, Templates, etc) but for now just make sure to activate Item mode and you should be good.

3. Remaker

Remaker Member

I did a fresh re-install and the problem went away. Weird. Maybe I got a corrupted download or something. Sorry to muddy the waters!