1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Java errors galore

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by Stonesnake, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Stonesnake

Stonesnake Member

I have run 3.7.1 without fail, and then suddenly tonight half of my players can't get into the program.

Here are the various log files with the java errors.

Attached Files:

2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

Couple things,

yes, there is a rare exception that is thrown. There should be a fix for it in 3.7.2. Even so, Closing and restarting D20PRO usually get's around it.
    I think the bulk of the issue you were seeing was trying to mix the new networking method with the old school direct IP method.

3. BenMitchell1979

BenMitchell1979 New Member

Good to know! I just ran my first session last night via the 3.7.1 build and I had to restart D20pro twice in our 5hr session due to performance. Also took me a minute to figure out why my players could not connect. I'd like to recommend that the TCP/IP option either be default ON or some sort of notification on the launch screen to let people know that it needs to be enabled. Also it's hard to tell when it is on or off based on the shading. Would it be possible to put an actual on/off switch or make the setting RED (off)/ Green (on) so that it is more obvious if the setting is enabled/disabled. Considering all the issue we had last session - I was planning on rolling back to an earlier build. When will 3.7.2 ship?

Tay-Dor likes this.
  4. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

That's a very good suggestion, thank you

5. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

I like the color coding idea as well. The default networking is designed to be the non-TCP/IP as it's the "it just works" network option.

That being said, we also want to put a warning pop-up in the event you open a pub/sub session without a password.