1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Java Versions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mercury00, Oct 8, 2012.

1. mercury00

mercury00 New Member

Just wanted to post info about this: when I run d20pro using my updated Oracle Java 1.7_07 64bit version, I get a warning message that d20pro might not be real happy with the new java version.

However, other than the fact that the splash screen never goes away, I've noticed absolutely no problems at all with it in any way, at least nothing different than running java 1.6.x. As the 1.6.x is not under development, I thought it might be useful to post my observations here.

If there were someway to dismiss the splash screen, that would probably be a relief, but otherwise, java 1.7_07 seems to be fine. I just always click past the warning message.

Oh yeah, I'm on Windows 7 64bit, but I did actually test this on Ubuntu using oracle java. My mac seems to have it's own java so I'm not sure what good testing it would be.

HTH

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

You can manually close that splash screen by hovering over the program in the taskbar, moving over to the proper d20Pro window and pressing the close button (from the taskbar).

There will be a way to suppress that message in v3.3. :)