1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Judge server blocked by firewall on OSX 10.8.4

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by ftl, Jun 17, 2013.

1. ftl

ftl New Member

I'm unable to get remote network access working while I'm running as a judge. This is under OSX 10.8.4 on a Mac Pro with d20Pro v 3.3.4:

1) I've verified that the port forwarding on my router is working by having a different app listen on 10101 - worked
    2) I've verified that the d20pro server is running by telnet to 10101 at localhost - connected to something, characters to terminal then a disconnect on hitting enter
    3) I've verified it as an OSX firewall-related network problem by turning the OSX firewall off - it then works
    4) I see an Allow/Deny dialog box from the firewall pop up briefly as the main window opens, but then it vanishes without being clicked. It isn't behind the main window or hiding on another screen.
    5) The app has been added to the list of allowed apps in the firewall pane of the system preferences
    6) I've also manually added the app to the firewall in the terminal:
    silver: djb$ sudo ipfw list
    Password:
    07000 allow tcp from any to any dst-port 10101
    07001 allow udp from any to any dst-port 10101
    65535 allow ip from any to any

So something during the app startup causes the main window to appear over the firewall dialog and either permanently hides it or dismisses it with a 'deny' response before I can do anything about it.

I have a screen capture movie of it happening if that helps, see this movie

Any hints or tips greatly appreciated. Turning the firewall off entirely is a workaround, but not one that I want to use routinely.

2. ftl

ftl New Member

For the hell of it, updated to Java 7. No change in behaviour.