1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Key lockout while typing in chat window.

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by bigkilla, Nov 22, 2010.

1. bigkilla

bigkilla Member

Hey, I really think there needs to be some kind of feature that locks out the functions the various keys do while you are typing.

Example: In one of my last games I was typing in the chat window or the All window during a combat turn. A player was taking his turn and ended it and while I was typing the various keys like for attacks and saves started flying around and I ended like 5 or 6 turns by hitting the space bar. I had no idea what was going on until I realized it was from me typing. It was pretty funny.

2. Daggeth

Daggeth New Member

Finding a better way to handle situations like this is something we've been discussing for a bit now. A complete lockout of the player client while the GM is doing things would really slow the game down but maybe we could only lockout certain things? There are some things like this and dynamic FoW that can bring up very frustrating situations and finding the most graceful way to handle the problems is not as easy as I thought on the initial pass.