1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

LAN w/ no internet

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BadKarma, Oct 19, 2010.

1. BadKarma

BadKarma New Member

I searched and didn't get a clear answer.

Can 5 laptops connect to my Judge without an Internet connection? As in a LAN party?

This will be the deal breaker. If the answer is yes, I'm buyin!!!!!

2. ogexam

ogexam Member

As long as you have a network you can connect, you DO NOT need internet connection.

The only reason you need internet connection is to connect to d20ProLive which is used to get your license file, one time when you buy the software, or when you are using a trial license, each time you start the Judge with a trial license it will need internet connectivity to verify the trial is still active.

Once you have a full license you NO longer need to be connected to the internet.

3. BadKarma

BadKarma New Member

That's what I thought, but I just wanted to be sure.

Thanks

btw, I love the CheeseGrinder. Do you guys ever get down to Springfield MO for VisionCon? The next one is Feb 18-20 2011.

4. ogexam

ogexam Member

You are welcome

About The Cheese Grinder
    Never been to VisionCon, we have only been go DragonCon (our main con), Origins, and MegaCon so far. Went to MegaCon long time ago (when I met the d20Pro guys) and tried Origins this past year.
    We have had people request that we run The Cheese Grinder at other cons and we are interested, but since it costs money out of pocket to run the tournament we really cannot go to many cons unless... Unless the other con is will to fund us running at the Con.

I will post a thread about this on The Cheese Grinder Forum, so head over there to get details. http://www.thecheesegrinder.com/forum/