1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

License Curiosity

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Malik, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Malik

Malik New Member

So we are still trying to figure out the basics, before moving and purchasing the program. My curiosity, at this point, is how do the License work? If we have 6 players, could we just purchase 2 of the DMs License, and then play as a 6 player group (the 2nd DMs license being used as a Player, yet it also gives us a 2nd DM, for...well, surprisingly, our 2nd DM)? Or would we not be able to combine all of those users, in to the same game?

2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

The Full license allows you to host games. That licence can have Seats attached to it (Full License +2).. This allows 2 clients who do NOT have a license to sit at your table (effectively trying the software and your game out to see if they like it)... You can have as many Licensed (Full or Clients) connect as your bandwidth will allow, licensed clients do not count against your Seats...

Also, MM is fairly relaxed on usage.. For example My wife and I both run games, we share a single Full+6 license between us.. When she runs a game she uses the FULL gm license and hosts and I connect to one of the guest seats... and vis versa... In this way, we don't have to have two separate Full licenses in the house...

does that help some?

3. Whirlingdervish

if you bought 2 gm licenses it does not give you 4 active guest licenses as the extra gm license can connect as a player its guest licenses would not be available for use. you would need two more guest licenses or player licenses. you would be better off buying the extra four guest and if all six people chip in its 10 dollars apeice for the Gm license and 4 guest licenses

Edit : Krillion makes better sense than me listen to him