1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

License Help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tivaan, Jul 17, 2010.

1. Tivaan

Tivaan New Member

I'm running Windows 7 x64 and I could not get the program to run without clicking on the "d20pro.bat" file, it will then load and run. I registered as required and it allows me the initial free license as a player but it will not let me download the "d20pro_trial + 5 guests" license.
    It gives me this message:

Unable to download license.
    Caused by: licenses\license_Tivaan(d20pro_Trial_2.0.0).txt
    (Access is denied).

Any suggestions?

2. Thurgian

Thurgian New Member

I never had that particular problem, but I initially had issues with Windows 7 (64) and D20pro, my problems were resolved by not installing the software in it's default location.

Windows 7 (and Vista) are extremely particular about any software that resides in the "Program Files" directory. Simply editing the install directory to something like "c:\d20pro" might resolve your issue.

Since access is denied to your license file, I would guess that protected storage is the culprit; and modifying your install location will work for you.

3. Tivaan

Tivaan New Member

Changing the Directory worked like a charm although I still have to use the Bat file to start the program

4. Thurgian

Thurgian New Member

I have to use the "bat" file as well; but since I would do so anyway (for additional memory), I had forgotten that particular issue.