1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Licensing Terms

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bocephus, Feb 8, 2010.

1. bocephus

bocephus New Member

Hello,

I haven't been able to find any specific information on the the terms of licensing. I have the following questions:

If a full license is purchased, is it for a specific length of time? IE, do I buy it once and receive all future updates, or is it a 'subscription' model? What about support?

What are the rules on running it on multiple systems? For example, I would likely do all my setup on my desktop, and then if I wanted to use d20Pro in a local game, I'd run it from my laptop(hookup my projector to it etc...)

2. Daggeth

Daggeth New Member

Hello bocephus

There is no time limit for your license and there is no recurring fee. As of now, we have no plans to charge for updates or patches to the current version (v2). When we release v2 we provided free upgraded licenses to all of our early adopters with v1. When/if v3 comes out we will consider doing this again, but it is not guaranteed. So, to sum up, you will receive free upgrades and patches to v2.

There is no support that comes with your purchase but we do our best to answer any questions our users have when they email us or post in the forums. We have also begun to offer 'tutorial' sessions with the software a few times a month. These are online and similar to an online meeting with a shared desktop for reference. You can sign up for tutorial sessions on our Monthly Gaming Sign-Up page. You can use your free trial license to attend one of these tutorial sessions to get much more info about d20Pro before you purchase.

You can install and use d20Pro on as many computers as you'd like. We want you to be able to use d20Pro whenever and wherever is easiest for you. Only one client can use a particular license when joining a game online though so you cannot install d20Pro on 3 computers and have them all play in the same game using the same license.

I hope this answers your questions, please ask for clarification if I was not clear in anything.

Thank you for your interest in d20Pro and happy gaming!

3. bocephus

bocephus New Member

Thanks, that is very informative and exactly what I was hoping to hear.

4. Dan

Dan Member

I would also like to add that if you intend to do your planning on one computer and playing on another, that you either install d20pro on a flash drive or use something like Dropbox. http://www.dropbox.com

Dropbox creates a My Dropbox folder on the computer(s) you install it on and automatically syncs those with their server. You get 2 GB of storage too. So installing d20pro into a folder in your My Dropbox folder will ensure that the same files get synced to any other computer that you installed Dropbox on.

Woot.