1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Linux installer has crud

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by unsaved, Jul 4, 2012.

1. unsaved

unsaved Member

The Linux v3.2.0 Full Installer data content differs from the same version installer for Windows. It has a second campaign named "3.5 OGL (1)". Sure looks like a backup or similar crud to me. If not, please tell me how the bundled campaigns "3.5 OGL" and "3.5 OGL (1)" differ.

The wrapper Bourne script is not executable in the zip. You could make it executable with a good zip utility or library. The script itself does not work unless invoked from the containing directory. Attached is a much more well-behaved wrapper script that will work with nearly all Bourne-compatible shells. I had to add the extra ".txt" suffix so the forum will accept the file, so rename it to "d20Pro.sh" after downloading.

Attached Files:

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Hmm.. that is strange. There should have been only one Campaign directory.
    D&D 3.5 OGL & ...(1) Campaign directories are identical. The second one is not needed.

Thanks!

This is being tracked and should be fixed in the next packaging.

previous code
    Code:
     #!/bin/sh
    java -Xmx384m -Dsun.java2d.ddoffscreen=false -Dsun.java2d.noddraw -Dsun.java2d.d3d=false -jar d20Pro.jar &
    proposed code
    Code:
    #!/bin/sh

case "$0" in
    /*) SCRIPTDIR="${0%/*}";; */*) SCRIPTDIR="$PWD/${0%/*}";; *) SCRIPTDIR="$PWD";;
    esac
    case "$SCRIPTDIR" in *?/.) SCRIPTDIR="${SCRIPTDIR%/.}"; esac

cd "$SCRIPTDIR"
    exec java -Xmx384m -Dsun.java2d.ddoffscreen=false -Dsun.java2d.noddraw -Dsun.java2d.d3d=false -jar d20Pro.jar "$@" &

This is also being tracked.

3. unsaved

unsaved Member

Thanks. Seeing that you appreciated my first offering, I've written up a professional quality wrapper script.

This one encapsulates settings into a separate, completely optional, file. Please read the comments in the sample settings file. The environmental variables will allow you to easily unit test it.

Feel free to rename the invocation.settings file to your own naming conventions. Just change the references to it inside the d20Pro.sh file.

Attached Files:

4. thraxxis

thraxxis Member

Hail and well met unsaved,

Thanks for this! I've packaged these files up to ship with v3.3. :ugeek: