1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

linux sh in DOS format

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by mercury00, Aug 9, 2010.

1. mercury00

mercury00 New Member

I spent some time trying to run the d20Pro.sh file after installing the latest d20 pro in linux.

Nothing happened, again and again.

I noticed it worked OK if I ran it from the terminal, but not by clicking on it from the desktop (nautilus).

I captured the error and saw that it didn't recognize the command /bin/bash^Mjava

that's because ^M is a DOS line terminator. Not a UNIX one.

I had to make my own UNIX .sh file, which wasn't a big deal, but, sheesh! Using a DOS text file? You couldn't write the thing in Linux that's supposed to run in Linux? Please fix this, I have just purchased a license with several guest slots for several Linux using friends. They'll be downloading the program and their first impression won't be so good if the program doesn't run without having to shell out to a terminal. Thanks.

2. mobius125

mobius125 New Member

Oddly enough I have had issues writing a custom launcher for d20Pro under OS X (I really think it is operator head space and timing) but I have had no issues writing my own .sh and making custom launchers in Linux (Ubuntu 10.04 LTS). Oh well I am glad that there is a multi platform VTT that does not require using virtual machines.

Update, it was the ^M ending, under linux, for some reason I started from scratch. The Jar command is still good just the #!/bin/bash header for the script is monkeying things up. Thanks for pointing this out. Attached is launching script for OS X with 512M set for the memory. You many have to drop the txt extension and run a chmod +x d20Pro_Start on your own machine to make it executable (This should work for Linux as well, but the d20Pro.jar will have a different path) .

Cheers,
    Mobius

3. Dan

Dan Member