1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Lock symbol on copied over Image files.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Golkiwu, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Golkiwu

Golkiwu Member

In the past, I have been able to copy my tile images folder (ones I have either created or collected) into the FLR folder and it was available to use in my mapping in D20Pro. I recently did this to a campaign folder and initially did not even see the folder in while in program. I then went to move the catagoryMetaData.dat files over from a campaign folder that had the same tiles folder and I could see some of them, but others have the infamous lock symbol shown. Is there something that is different to 3.4 that does not properly identify these image files or am I importing these personal files incorrectly (copy Paste worked before)?

Thanks again in advance.

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Golkiwu,

If you add more images to any CTR/FLR/ITEM directory manually with copy-paste then open d20Pro, will need to "Refresh Resources" in the Judge Options Window before those new images are available. Then if players still see locks, re-broadcast the state (F5), then have player "Attempt GC".

This was the sacrifice we made to make d20Pro boot quicker - it doesn't scan the entire resource directory for new images unless you tell it to now (previously it scanned the entire resource directory upon startup which caused the boot process to be quite long when there's a big resource directory).

3. Golkiwu

Golkiwu Member

Thank you. That works exactly as advertised. I just needed to know to do it.

4. Golkiwu

Golkiwu Member

One out of 3 players at my game are getting the lock symbol on a set of map. I have tried all of the other "fixes' and to no avail. The player logs in on many days/games and never has this happen. It is just this set of maps and it only affects him.

Any Ideas?

5. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Have the affected player delete the player's campaigns folder then start d20Pro again.

d20Pro/player/campaigns

Also make sure player has enough RAM allocated to d20Pro.