1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lucky (3x per Long Rest)

Discussion in 'D&D 5th Edition' started by Gregg Devanna, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Gregg Devanna

Gregg Devanna New Member

Is there a way for d20pro to keep track of Luck points for the Lucky feat? I have the PHB, but I don't see how the software keeps track of the points. I tried to add a trait template, but not sure how to make it work. Any ideas?
    Lucky trait temp.JPG

In the same vein, is there a mechanism for inspiration points?

Thanks ~Gregg

2. Krilion_GD

Krilion_GD Community Manager
    Staff Member

You're on the right Track, yes, you'd add a Trait 'Luck Points' which has a template 'Per Day' which fires a Trait 'Spend Luck Point'.
    The 'Spend Luck Point' trait wouldn't do anything other than have a cost of 1, to deduct a point from the Template 'per Day' pool.

For my own games, I created a 'Burn Point' Trait. That way I can have one generic trait to use for other instances where I just need to deduct a point from a pool.

3. Gregg Devanna

Gregg Devanna New Member

Awesome! So maybe this is old-hat to most of you, but I got a kick out of figuring this out, so I thought I would share. Here are some screenshots of how I set this up. If there's a better way, I'd love to learn it.

First, I setup a Flow in the Rules Library called 'Spend Luck Point'.
    Lucky Flow.JPG

Then I modified the Lucky feat Trait Template to add 'Spend Luck Point' and chose the flow above as the selected source.
    Lucky Trait Template.JPG

On my PC sheet, I added the Lucky feat from the trait template.
    Lucky Creature Trait.JPG

With your PC token selected on the map, press B (Abilities).
    Lucky Feat Use.JPG

When you press OK, the number of points decrements and the log indicates the usage.
    Lucky Use Log.JPG

:)

4. Krilion_GD

Krilion_GD Community Manager
    Staff Member

yup, you got it :)
    well done sir