1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Mac Client D/L License Error

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by makerofthings, Aug 12, 2010.

1. makerofthings

makerofthings New Member

Hello,

Just got back from Gencon excited to use d20PRO. My issue is this, I D/L the client and upgraded to DM and 6 players, it loaded fine on my downstairs PC. I installed it on my Mac all went well until I tried to D/L's my licenses from the web and received this error:

"unable to download license caused by licenses/license_makerofthings(d20pro_full_2.0.0).txt (read only system)"

I'm sure I'm missing something simple but I could not find anything on the forums. I have a iMac os X Ver. 10.6.4

Thanks,

Michael

2. Tivaan

Tivaan New Member

When I had that problem I had to change the install location and choose a different spot to install it other than what the default location was.

My Help topic is listed under the "Installation Help Forum"
    Titled "License Help"

3. Samurai JAC

Samurai JAC New Member

I dont think MACs have that option...

Im having the same issue except when my friend downloaded the 2.2.0 version for his MAC and is trying to D/L the trial version of the license and he gets this error:

Unable to download license caused by: licenses/license_steven(d20pro_trial_2.0.0).txt (read only file system)

We don't think that you have an option to D/L the license into anything but the default directory with a MAC. It has a download folder and he doesnt know how to put it anywhere else...

4. thraxxis

thraxxis Member

This may happen if you run d20Pro directly from the .dmg. Please drag the app to another location (such as the Desktop) and try again. Any luck?

5. Samurai JAC

Samurai JAC New Member

tried that... didnt work...

6. Daggeth

Daggeth New Member

Where did your friend extract the application to? Is it possible that your friend is using an account which doesn't have sufficient privileges?

7. makerofthings

makerofthings New Member

Thanks, it works. D/L to my desktop, installed program and then from the open window, dragged the d20 icon to desktop.
    thanks for the help.
    Michael
    MoT

8. Dan

Dan Member

w00ty McW00t!