1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

MAC license issue

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Samurai JAC, Aug 15, 2010.

1. Samurai JAC

Samurai JAC New Member

I want to try d20 Pro with a friend of mine. I have a PC and he has MAC. I am able to run the program no problems so far. He however cant even get the license for some reason. He has downloaded and installed the program and made a user name and password. He has started the trial but when he tries to download the trial license he gets an error message:

Unable to download license caused by: licenses/license_steven(d20pro_trial_2.0.0).txt (read only file system).

He downloaded the full version of 2.2.0 for the MAC but is stuck here. Please help!!!

2. Thurgian

Thurgian New Member

I just saw this in another thread.

This behavior can occur if the Mac user attempts to run the file directly.

Apparently it is resolved by moving the program to another location (Such as the Desktop).

Windows Vista and Windows 7 can also exhibit this type of behavior if the software is installed to the default location (Anything in "Program Files"); and the resolution is to either install the software to a non "Program Files" directory, or cut/paste the software to a new location.

3. Daggeth

Daggeth New Member

Here is the link Thurgian is referring to. Please continue further discussion in there is possible.

4. Samurai JAC

Samurai JAC New Member

tried that... didnt work