1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Mac OS Problem - Nothing Happens

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by UndeadDan, Apr 5, 2010.

1. UndeadDan

UndeadDan Member

Hello,

I wanted to try out D20pro as I am considering switching from the VT our group currently uses. however, last night after downloading both versions 2 and 2.0.3, I would copy them to my applications folder, double click them and virtually nothing would happen.

I get a D20Pro menu with the basic Mac program menu options, but no File or View or any of the other standard menus. A blank window opens up but never populates with any buttons or fields. Once after about 10 minutes a dialogue box saying error popped up but when I closed it, the entire program quit.

Any idea what could be causing this?

Stats -
    20" 2Ghz Intel Core Duo iMac running 10.6.3

Thanks,

Dan Paddock

2. Lord Elderon

Lord Elderon New Member

Hi UndeadDan,

Thanks for your post and welcome to our forums. I will forward this issue to our development team and we will get back to you shortly.

Best,

Nick

3. lexluthor

lexluthor Member

I'm glad you mentioned that! 10.6.3 is Apple's latest update isn't it? I almost downloaded it today, as it is, I will keep version 10.6.2 until this issue is resolved. By the way, the d20Pro software works great on the Mac except for that black edit screen.

4. thraxxis

thraxxis Member

Hail and well met UndeadDan, lexluthor,

The Mac error is curious indeed.

If you are feeling technical, you could download the v2.0.3.zip from d20Pro.com and run it from the command prompt. That should give a more definitive diagnosis.

Or please post the exact error message you are getting (and/or a screen cap).

5. thraxxis

thraxxis Member

UndeadDan, also please post how much RAM your iMac has onboard.

6. lexluthor

lexluthor Member

Is this error resolved, or not a problem? I am holding off on running Apples latest software update because of this question. I am running a weekly Pathfinder game and don't want to ruin it. Does anyone know for sure if D20pro runs with the new Apple update 10.6.3?

7. lexluthor

lexluthor Member

Any more info on this? Does Dd20pro run on OS X 10.6.3?

8. Lord Elderon

Lord Elderon New Member

Hey Lex,

I don't think this will be our kryptonite, but it still needs to be verified. There are not many Macs in the MindGene arsenal, yet... I apologize for the delay and we will have an answer for you shortly.

Best regards and happy gaming,

Nick

9. lexluthor

lexluthor Member

Thanks for checking into this! Just want to make sure before I blow it with a OS update! Right now, your software runs great on my mac, and my groups windows pcs. We are having a blast with it, so kudos for your hard work!

10. thraxxis

thraxxis Member

Greetings. I can confirm that d20Pro runs on OS X 10.5.8. A little bit old... I should upgrade. :D

I am in the process of confirming that it will run on newer OS versions. It *should* work though. I will post again with more information.

11. lexluthor

lexluthor Member

It runs on OS X 10.6.2. But last week, Apple put out 10.6.3 in a big security update. When the original poster mentioned he was running 10.6.3 that made me pause in updating my OS.

12. thraxxis

thraxxis Member

Hail and well met Mac OS X people,

I'm pleased to report that d20Pro runs fine on OS X 10.6.3.

If you're still unable to run d20Pro, please post and we'll work with you until it works!

13. lexluthor

lexluthor Member

Thank you so much. That original post scared me!

14. TBKenie

TBKenie New Member

D20 Pro v2.1 runs in Mac OS 10.6.3 on a MacBook Pro (4.1, 4GB RAM, 2.5 GHz Core 2 Duo). It took over a minute to load up and seems more sluggish than on my Windows machine but that is most likely due to the Java itself.

Now if only I could get d20 Pro to import my Pathfinder Hero Lab files, I'd be happy.

15. Lord Elderon

Lord Elderon New Member

Hi TBK,

I believe the fix for the HL is done and will be out with our next release (coming very soon)!

Best regards,

Nick

16. UndeadDan

UndeadDan Member

Hey just wanted to let you all know that 2.1.2 works stellarly for me on 10.6.4.

Don't know what the issue was but it's fixed now.

Sorry for disappearing for months. We had an especially bad session with our current virtual tabletop and so I dropped $30 on d20 mostly out of frustration and am very happy so far.