1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Mac OS X 10.5.8 Installation Issue [Java version issue]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gesusfnchrist, Aug 19, 2010.

1. gesusfnchrist

gesusfnchrist New Member

OS X 10.5.8

So yeah, I tried installing d20Pro on my Powerbook G4, but have been unable to do so. I did some research and found that Apple isn't releasing Java 1.6 for PowerPC based chipsets. It's for Intel based chipsets and even then, it must be 64-bit.

I searched your site and found a post regarding adding a "-DBypassJavaVersionCheck" parameter to the d20pro.sh file...

Contents of my d2oPro.sh file:
    However, it's not working for me.

I added the "bypass" parameter to the .sh file and ran the java command to install via terminal. I receive this message:
    I also tried running the d20Pro.sh script via terminal [sh d20pro.sh] and receive the same error message as noted above.

I even tried modifying the contents of the d20Pro application and had no luck there either.

Am I missing something? I really don't want to have to install macports and openJDK [amongst other required software/system tweaks] JUST to use this application.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks.

2. gesusfnchrist

gesusfnchrist New Member

Never mind. I fixed it myself.

I added the -dbypassjavacheck parameter but had to remove -Dsun.java2d.ddoffscreen=false from d20Pro.sh in order for it to work.

Then I ran the shell script via terminal and it started up!

3. Glav

Glav New Member

Hello gesusfnchrist,

I'm not quite sure that you needed to remove the "-Dsun.java2d.ddoffscreen=false"

Instead, it looks like in your first attempt, you had used the wrong case on the "-DBypassJavaVersionCheck" parameter. From your copied script, it looks like you had it set to "-DbypassJavaVersionCheck". Unfortunately, these parameters are case-sensitive.

As a test, can you try to add "-Dsun.java2d.ddoffscreen=false" back into your script while double-checking the case of all parameters to confirm or deny this and post back with your results?

Good Gaming,

--Glav